HSR’s are entitled under the WHS Regulations and outlined in section 72 of the WHS Act to attend a course of training in work health and safety that is approved by the regulator.
A five day course where participants will look at injuries and diseases in workplaces; causes of accidents; the WHS Act 2011; and a range of other WHS issues to enable them to effectively perform their role as a HSR in the workplace
Course Length & Time
Five days, 9.15 am – 4.15 pm
Elected Health and Safety Representatives and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives.
Election as a Health and Safety Representative or Deputy Health and Safety Representative.
This course is accredited by Comcare and covers:
- WHS Legislation – Historical Overview
- Legal Framework
- Work, Health & Safety Act
- The Role and Functions of Health and Safety Representatives
- WHS Agreements
- Health and Safety Representative Committees
- Hazard Identification and Assessment
- Hazard Control
- Specific Hazard
- Workplace Inspection
- Comcare – Role and Function
- Negotiation Skills – Theory and Practice
Commonwealth Level 1 (Initial)
Standard Fee $873 (includes GST)
The Course Fee includes
- Participant manual (with copy of the WHS Act)
- Morning and afternoon tea each day
- Light lunch provided daily (unless regional course)
When an enrolment is cancelled the following cancellation fees will apply. This can be waived if another course date is booked.
More than 14 days before course commencement date = Full refund
Between 7-14 days before commencement date = 50% refund
Less than 7 days = No refund